"No need to hunt through kielbasa recipes, this smokey take steals the show as a hearty home-style, all-in-one meal. It's especially perfect on those cold late fall and early winter nights."
- 1 pound red potatoes (3-4 medium), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Quarter potatoes and boil until softened.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat
- saute onion and kielbasa until onion is tender.
- Add potatoes
- cook and stir until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Stir in bacon.