This is a pretty decent Sesame Chicken recipe.
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce Yellow food coloring, as desired
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 cups thinly sliced chicken
Oil, for deep frying
For Sesame Sauce:
1. Combine water, vinegar, salt, sugar, soy sauce and yellow food coloring in a large pot.
2. Cook over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, until sugar has caramelized. Watch carefully to prevent mixture from boiling over.
3. Set aside.
For Sesame Seeds:
1. Brown sesame seeds in skillet over medium heat until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
1. Mix flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Coat chicken with flour mixture and shake off excess.
3. Pour oil into a large pot to a depth of 3 inches.
4. Heat oil to 350 degrees.
5. Deep fry chicken until crisp and brown, about 5 minutes. Be sure chicken is submerged in oil.
6. Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels.
7. Place in a large mixing bowl.
8. Pour sesame sauce over chicken and mix well.
9. Add sesame seeds, combine well.
10. Transfer to serving platter.